Sunday, December 5, 2010

My 2010 Top Ten

All the book lists for 2010 are coming out at the moment, so I thought I'd put mine out there.  The book jackets will take you to IndieBound.com and the links will take you to my reviews that of each.  These were my favs of the year and I can't wait to start yet another wonderful year of reading in 2011!  I'm already excited about it!  Here's what I loved most during my reading this year (and these are in no particular order):

Anna and the French Kiss
by Stephanie Perkins







Ship Breaker
by Paolo Bacigalupi







Will Grayson, Will Grayson
by John Green and David Levithan







Before I Fall
by Lauren Oliver







Hate List
by Jennifer Brown
(came out in 2009 - but on my 2010 reading list)






Into the Wild Nerd Yonder
by Julie Halpern
(published fall 2009 - but on my 2010 reading list)






The Sky Is Everywhere
by Jandy Nelson







The Monstrumologist
by Rick Yancey
(published 2009 - but I read it at the very beginning of 2010 - and haven't gotten the sequel yet but can't wait to get to it!)





Suite Scarlett and Scarlett Fever
by Maureen Johnson
(Suite Scarlett came out in 2008 and Scarlett Fever in 2010 - I read both of them together in 2010 - can't wait for more Scarlett books!)





The Body Finder
by Kimberly Derting







If you want a good YA read - check one of these out!  It's always so hard to pick, but these are the best in my humble opinion.  A few more weeks to add to my 2010 reading list and then I'll begin again!  I didn't get to my goal of reading 100 books, but I did read more than last year (right now at 52 and hope to add a few more before the New Year!).  As long as I am keeping up and doing my best - I think that's what matters.  And....I'll be adding more children's/picture book reviews next year and in the years to come as we are almost ready to welcome a little bookworm into our family soon!  Happy Holidays and New Year to all - and most importantly - HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment