Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer and the City

Really fun.  This second book in the Carrie Diaries was a fun beginning to my summer reading.  The Carrie Diaries was set in Carrie's hometown, and this book picks up when Carrie arrives in the Big Apple for her summer writing classes at The New School.  She gets her wallet and purse stolen the minute she walks off the subway and has to get help from Donna LaDonna's cousin - the one, the only - Samantha Jones.  If you know anything about SATC, then you know, once Carrie meets Samantha - wild times are ahead.  I really enjoyed this second book.  It was fun.  I was a bit annoyed with Carrie for obsessing over boys, but you know, it is a Carrie book.  Anyway - I will say that this book definitely has "the sex" in it.  The first one wasn't too bad, but I'd consider the second book to have way more about relationships and sex than the first one.  A fun read but definitely for high school readers only.

No comments:

Post a Comment